Get all the benefits of cooking with cast iron without maintenance when you purchase the Enameled Cast-Iron 7-Quart Oval Roaster from Viking. Due to the vitreous enamel coating found on the interior and exterior of this professional-grade roaster, you do not have to worry about regularly seasoning the cast iron; you will also be able to cook acidic foods, like a tomato pasta sauce, without it reacting with the food and causing rust! Thanks to the magnetic properties found in cast iron, the Viking Enameled Cast-Iron 7-Quart Oval Roaster may also be used on induction cooktops. Perfect for stews, desserts, and much more, professional chefs and home cooks alike have long relied on cast iron as a reliable and versatile cooking vessel; that is due to the consistent and even heating found in iron. Plus, the attractive gray color of the interior enamel finish means that stains will be less noticeable than the cream interiors found in other enameled cast iron cookware.
- Cast iron provides an even and consistent heat distribution that removes the risk of hot spots developing during cooking
- Attractive gray vitreous enamel coating found on the interior allows you to cook acidic foods while also hiding stains and other signs of usage over time
- The 7-quart size is large enough for serving memorable meals, while the oval shape accommodates different protein sizes more easily
- Extremely versatile as it can be used to sauté and brown on gas, electric, ceramic, and induction stovetops or go straight into the oven for longer braises
- Large looped handles provide an easy grip for added security and comfort.
- No seasoning required means less maintenance over time
- Features braising spikes in the lid to recirculate condensation during cooking to help keep foods moist and flavorful
- The vibrant vitreous enamel exterior coating is rust, scratch, and chip-resistant for long-lasting beauty and durability
- Brand: Viking
- Color: Gray
- Assembled Size: 15.75 x 15.75 x 7.09 inches